An Analyst position within a highly rated global management consulting firm which specialises in Board and senior management remuneration. Some experience of executive pay consulting is highly desirable, since we are looking for candidates who can ‘hit the ground running’.
Location: We have a Central London Office, but offer flexibility in working location and working styles - your choice of remote, hybrid or office-based.
About Remuneration Associates (‘Rem.n’)
Recently acquired through a management buyout, Rem.n is a highly experienced management consulting team with global clients, focusing on executive pay, incentive compensation, remuneration governance and the alignment of Board strategy with performance goals.
Rem.n has been led by the same team for over 20 years, and has a well-established career path. This is a specialist area that opens the door to some of the most fascinating and challenging aspects of business today.
Building Our Team:
We are looking for an innovative and collaborative individual to help us build the business at an exciting period of high growth.
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a broad and varied role in the Management Consulting space, with plenty of opportunity for growth and development as part of a collaborative team.
In this role as an Executive Compensation Analyst, you will work alongside some of the industry’s top consultants whilst developing your knowledge and skills. We are London-based, with clients from all around the world. You will be exposed to a wide variety and range of companies, countries, cultures and client roles.
We typically offer a salary of between £32,000 to £40,000 for this position, depending upon experience.
No two days are the same in consulting, and this is both its attraction as well as its challenge. Your role will vary as you undertake a wide range of tasks varying from data analysis, to report drafting, to client deliverables. Your work will initially be focused on pay benchmarking, incentive design and other financial and quantitative analysis.
- Benchmarking involves establishing a group of peer companies, gathering data about pay levels and incentive structures, and analysing that data to determine how the client compares to the market. The benchmarking that Rem.n conducts usually focuses on board-level executives, whose pay data is publicly available.
- Incentive design is focused on developing short- and long-term incentives that support recruitment, retention and incentivisation. Our design work is driven by understanding the client’s strategy, financial targets and company culture. Guided by these inputs we then develop innovative incentive designs, which aim to answer the client’s issues and / or questions. We are also mindful of regulations and best practice guidelines when developing incentive designs.
As an Executive Compensation Analyst, you will quickly develop the skills necessary to undertake benchmarking work independently and work closely with senior colleagues to support incentive design projects. You will also work directly with managers and executive leadership of our clients to gather relevant information, understand client expectations and review company strategies/objectives.
You will also work on a number of other projects and assignments. This will include, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Collaborate with external stakeholders to refine and implement remuneration strategies across a wide variety of businesses, industries and continents
- Keep aware of general compensation trends through review of media and other publications – this research will sometimes then assist in writing articles / blogs which will be posted on the website and sent out to clients
- Partner with colleagues to research various executive compensation-related topics, model executive compensation programs and prepare client presentations
Candidate’s Ideal Business Capabilities:
We are seeking a highly motivated and analytical individual who is eager to enhance his / her experience and have a large impact on a dynamic, growing, global consulting firm.
- At least six months of relevant work experience (preferably within the Executive Compensation space)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Exceptional technical, analytical and modelling skills with ability to manipulate data and present data in a concise way
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to multitask and work to different deadlines
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally
- Quick learner and self-starter – having a proactive approach to work is necessary
- Professional and responsible approach to work, clients and other employees
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment whilst also able to work independently
- Strong listening skills with talent in asking insightful follow-up questions
Workplace & Diversity
People are at the heart of our business at Rem.n and we prioritise your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including private health insurance, life insurance, gym membership discount, flexible working and a performance based annual bonus. Our leadership are the owners.
We value work/life balance and understand that not everyone works in the same way – as such we offer flexible working.
We believe in a diverse workforce. All you need is a passion for consulting and a desire to be part of an upcoming, high growth company in an incredibly exciting space.
If you are looking to join a team which is building an innovative global business from the ground up, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this further and apply to be part of our journey.